LESLIE A. RYLAND
1985, UCSD, B.A. Summa cum laude
- Highest Distinction in History Honors
- Armin Rappaport Award: Most Outstanding History Undergraduate
1989, UCLA Law, J.D.
Bar Admissions / Professional LicensingCertified Family Law Specialist - California State Bar, June 2011
- Admitted to California State Bar, 1989
January 2006 to present
- Practicing exclusively family law.
May 1994 to November 2004
- Wrote weekly column, “Kid Stuff.”
- Researched and wrote feature articles emphasizing legal issues. Subjects included child custody attorneys, jury selection, process servers, death penalty, and child support.
September 1989 to November 1992
- Specialized in family law.
- Assisted Susanne Stanford representing high-asset individuals in complex family law litigation.
- Researched and drafted pleadings in family law and other civil litigation.
- Served on firm’s MCLE Committee and Associate Committee.
Memberships/Honors/CLEAmerican Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Institute for Family Law Associates - Advanced Program
June 19 to June 22, 2008 / Chicago, IL
- Advanced training in litigation, taxation, negotiation, and business valuation.
May 18 to May 24, 2008 / Denver, CO
- Prepared family law trial involving child custody and business valuation issues.
May 8 to May 9, 2008 / Las Vegas, NV
- Intensive training in family law aspects of business valuation, taxation, bankruptcy, and income available for support
Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group - Two-Day Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training
January 22 to January 23, 2016 / Reno, NV
Collaborative Practice California Conference XI: Flourishing in Collaborative Practice, 11th Annual Statewide Conference of Collaborative Professionals
April 29 to May 1, 2016 / Sofitel, Redwood City
I love accompanying my clients through the process of letting go of one life and beginning a new one. I love looking across my desk at a new client and being able to honestly tell him or her that we will make it through this together. At the end of each case, I have the satisfaction of knowing my help truly made a difference in someone's life.
Personal: Born and raised in San Diego and Mammoth Lakes, CA. Mother of five(5) children – ages 23-15.